This article is part of the SQL Server Tools series, aimed at giving you an idea of the available tools and techniques to build applications using SQL Server tools. The first article of the series covers the rudimentary DevOps concepts and discusses on a high level, the overview of SQL Server tools that can be piped for DevOps operations.
In this article, I will explore various SQL tools. I will be discussing in detail about each of the following tools in the upcoming articles:
- SQL Operations Studio
Continue reading …
Microsoft has provided a platform and tools to manage modern data applications. The focus of this series is to help the DBAs to give the glimpse of currently available SQL Server DevOps tools.
- Sqlcmd – Overview of SQLCMD utility in SQL Server
- BCP – BCP (Bulk Copy Program) in Action
- SqlPackage – Continuous Deployment using SQL Server Tools SqlPackage.exe
- MSSQL-Scripter – SQL Server cross-platform MSSQL-Scripter scripting Tool
- SQL Operations Studio – Getting started with SQL Operations Studio (SOS)