In this article, we will discuss the concepts of database backup-and-restore operations on SQL Server Docker containers. This is certainly the era of containers and it made the buzz in the business, so let us understand the importance of backup-and-restore the databases on the Docker containers.
Docker containers are systems that are small, light-weight, isolated, and segmented subsystems built on the Linux or Windows host system. It’s just running an application on the host machine.
This article discusses the following topics:
- Initiating a database backup and copy the backup file across the containers
- Restoring a database
- Pulling the latest SQL Server 2017 container images from the docker registry
- Running the downloaded Docker container image using docker run command
- Detailing the steps to create the database in the container
- Explaining the data persistence concepts
- And more…