This article is an in-depth guide on how PowerShell can be used to maintain and manage SQL backup on Linux and Windows machines.
Here’s an outline of what this article is all about:
- Technical specifications
- How to load SQL Server modules on Windows machine
- Security – Credential Management
- The objectives of Backup and Restore
- Library Linkage
- How SQL Server 2017 backup feature is used on Linux
- And more …
Tools to take SQL database backups, such as sqlcmd, SSMS, and PowerShell, are common to all platforms supported by SQL Server. In this post, I’m going to show how you can backup your SQL Server 2017 databases on a Linux machine using PowerShell.
- RedHat Server 7.3 or CentOS 7.0 or higher
- SQL Server 2017 or higher
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 16.5 or higher